Sisters and Brothers,
The Local 223 Negotiations Team has reached a new tentative agreement (TA) with DTE. It includes significant pay increases, but no changes to benefit plan deign for incumbent employees.
It has several key points that we feel align with the survey information that was compiled in March 2021.The highlights are as follows:
- Annual base wage increases and/or lump sums (Over 16.8% increase in base wages with compounding)
- $1,500 signing bonus
- Extended contract length for added job security.
- Continuation of the previous healthcare design
- Increased VEBA contribution after 1 year for new hires.
- Same incremental changes to incumbent employee’s healthcare costs as in the current Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- No increase to Healthy Living Requirement
The Negotiations Team believes this TA addresses the top issues which are wages, healthcare, retirement, job protection and security. We feel the TA continues to keep us ahead of our peers and was approved by the Executive Board of Local 223.
We encourage you to read the information in this bulletin and if you have questions, please join one of the informational meetings online or in-person for clarification. Please click on the link below for the full details in the tentative agreement and for dates for the informational meetings.
It is our belief that once you read the information enclosed you will agree with the recommendation of the Local 223 Executive Board and General Council by VOTING Yes for this agreement.
Local 223 Negotiations Committee